OLED display with STM32

I already showed you how to connect LCD 16×2 using I2C in a STM32 microcontroller, you can check that out here. Today we will take a step forward and interface OLED display using I2C with STM32.
The display I will be using is a 0.96″ 128×64 oled display with black and blue colors. 
This display uses the I2C protocol to communicate to the microcontroller. So here you need only 2 pins i.e. SDA and SCL from the microcontroller and the VCC and GND.  I am using STM32f103c8t6  but as I mentioned before, the code will remain same for all STM32 devices. I searched a lot for the libraries but all I could find were that of arduino. Than at last I found one by Alexander Lutsai, and I modified it so that it can be used with the STM32 CubeMx.
Let’s get to work now. Fire up your STM32cubeMx and generate a new project for your microcontroller with I2C protcol running at 400KHz and duty cycle at I2C_DUTYCYCLE_2. By default, the library will use I2C1 handler but you can change that later in the program.

Connect the  SCL of the controller with the SCL of the display and SDA to SDA by using a pull-up resistor for both the pins. You can see the schematic in the connections tab.

HOW TO:-

Download the code below, unzip it, Copy the fonts.h and ssd1306.h in the Inc folder of your project and fonts.cand ssd1306.c in the Src folder and open the project now.
Include the following files in the main.c:-
#include “ssd1306.h”
#include “i2c-lcd.h”
Open the ssd1306.c and change the handler accordingly 
extern I2C_HandleTypeDef hi2c1;
You can see the functions available in the functions tab under ssd1306.c or in the ssd1306.h file. I am going to initialize the display and print “Hello World !!”, you know the basic stuff.

PRINT HELLO WORLD

uint8_t check = SSD1306_Init ();  // initialize the diaply
SSD1306_Fill (0);  // fill the display with black color
SSD1306_UpdateScreen(); // update screen
SSD1306_GotoXY (10,10);  // goto 10, 10
SSD1306_Puts ("HELLO", &Font_11x18, 1);  // print Hello
SSD1306_GotoXY (10, 30);  
SSD1306_Puts ("WORLD !!", &Font_11x18, 1);
SSD1306_UpdateScreen(); // update screen





RESULT



CHECK OUT THE VIDEO BELOW



OLED display with STM32 OLED display with STM32 Reviewed by Controllerstech on February 21, 2018 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. I want to see the schematics of OLED to microcontroller connection with proper register which are used by you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any library for ssd1306 font size 5x7 & and 6x8 bold?
    I am using STM32F410

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.